- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Milk, to thin out (may or may not be needed)
- 1/2 cup Bonne Maman Four Fruits Preserves (can use another flavor if desired)
- Vegetable oil or melted butter, for greasing the surface
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and honey for about 2 minutes; alternately, use your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment for about 1 minute.
2. Add the sifted flour and salt, and fold it into the wet mixture. If the mixture is quite thick, thin it with a small amount of milk so that it's easy to spoon.
3. Pour about 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil or melted butter on a medium skillet, and then use a paper towel to carefully spread it across the surface and swipe off any excess. You want to have the thinnest possible layer of oil for these delicate cakes. Heat over medium-low.
4. Once heated, pour about 1 tablespoon of batter onto the hot surface to form each pancake; you can do multiples, but be sure to leave space to leverage in a spatula for flipping. After about a minute, you'll see the edges have small bubbles and a matte-looking finish; this is a good indication that it is time to flip. It may take longer or shorter depending on the size of your cakes and the heat of your surface.
5. Cook the second side; it will take slightly less time than the first side. Remove the pancakes and transfer to a plate while you continue with the remaining batter; replenish the cooking fat as needed.
6. Pair up similarly sized pancakes. To assemble, spoon about 1 tablespoon (more or less to taste) of Bonne Maman four fruits preserves on top; sandwich the second similarly sized pancake on top. Serve immediately.