Curry coco Monkfish - Lotte au curry et coco
- 1 kg of monkfish cut into sections without the bone
- 2 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon of mild curry paste
- 40 cl coconut milk
- 300 g of vegetables of your choice: snow peas, broccoli flowers(we got all on MyMarket)
- 2 tablespoons of nuoc-mâm
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 lime leafs
- 200 g basmati rice
- 35 cl water
- 1 piece of ginger the size of a walnut
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 50 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Peel the shallots and slice them. In a pan, gently brown them for 5 minutes with the oil.
2. Add curry, coconut milk, nuoc-mâm, lime leaves and sugar and bring to a boil. Add the monkfish and vegetables, lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the ginger into thin slices with the skin.
4. In a thick-bottomed saucepan, place the rice, add the water, ginger and cranberries, salt.
5. Put the pan on high heat without covering it. When the water boils, lower the heat to a minimum and cover with a tightly sealed lid.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the water has evaporated. Turn off the heat and let it swell for 5 minutes, add the butter and mix gently.